The Northwest Natural is a Drug-Tested National Qualifier. A minimum of 50% of athletes will be selected for polygraph testing, to be scheduled either prior to check-in via email or notified during check-in.
The following is a list of substances banned for use within 2 years of the show date:
- ANABOLIC STEROIDS including but not limited to bolasterone, boldenone (Equipoise), chloroxomesterone (dehydrochlormethyltesterone), clostebol, fluoxymesterone (Halotestin), mesterolone, methandienone (Dianabol), methanolone, methyltestlosterone, nandrolone (Deca), norethandrolone, oxandrolone (Anavar), oxymetholone (Anadrol), trenbolone (Tren), stanozolol (Winstrol), testosterone and all other related compounds.
- TESTOSTERONE and/or any other Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), including physician-prescribed. Estrogen and Progesterone are permitted.
- GROWTH HORMONES (PHARMACEUTICAL HGH, HCG and any other related compound).
- CLENBUTEROL, GHB, DNP (Dinitrophenol)
- INSULIN when used for the purpose of bodybuilding (prescribed insulin is permitted)
- INSULIN MANIPULATORS that are being used solely for weight loss purposes (e.g.; Wegovy, Ozempic, Metformin, Rybelsus, etc.)
- THYROID HORMONES when used for bodybuilding purposes including but not limited to: Synthroid, T3, T4 (prescribed thyroid hormones are permitted)
- MUSCLE IMPLANTS OR INJECTIONS OF ANY KIND (including synthol)
- PRESCRIPTION DIURETICS (within 14 days) – Lasix, Aldactone, Dyazide or any other prescription weight-loss substance, including physician-prescribed.
Athletes may not consume marijuana or alcohol within 12 hours proceeding polygraph testing. No testing will be done for pro-hormones or Ephedra. Polygraph results are final! Note: The testing will begin at the check-in and all competitors must be available for testing. Any athlete who does not check-in and make themselves available for drug testing will be automatically disqualified. Any athlete who refuses testing or leaves before testing is completed will be automatically disqualified. Under no circumstances will refunds be given for entries, tickets or other event related expenses if an athlete is disqualified.
ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. We have made a commitment to provide you with a top notch, professional NPC event. By submitting your entry, you are committing to be part of it as well. Please do not ask for a refund of entry fees.
- Open to all amateur athletes ages 18 & over and open to citizens of any nation
- Must be a current member of the NPC to compete. You can purchase, renew or look up a current membership at www.npcregistration.com - Please note that NPC cards run January 1st – December 31st
- Junior and Masters athletes must qualify by age on the date of the show (proof of age must be provided at check-in). All competitors will follow NPC rules, guidelines and mandatory poses. Please visit the official NPC site at www.npcnewsonline.com for complete rules and details for your class
You are not required to compete in a novice class even if eligible and may choose instead to enter Open/Masters or may enter both. Novice classes are only open to those who qualify by these terms:
- True Novice Classes – This class is for first time competitors only. If you have ever competed in an NPC competition previously (regardless of division), you are not eligible for True Novice.
- Novice Classes – Competitors must not have placed 1st in an Open class with 3 or more competitors, may not have won an Overall and may not have placed Top 10 in any National level show.
It is the competitor’s responsibility to notify us of a change of any change of eligibility due to prior placing.
HERO Classes are open to all active, veteran and retired military personnel as well law enforcement, firefighters and medical first responders. These will be a single class per division unless athlete numbers dictate dividing by height.
JUNIOR & MASTERS
Junior Classes are offered for athletes ages 18-23 on the day of competition. You are not required to enter a Junior class if you fall within this age range.
ALL athletes must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the contest, no exceptions.
Masters Classes are offered for athletes who's age falls in the specified range. You may enter any of the age classes you're eligible for. Example: 52 year old Bikini athlete may enter the 50+ class AND/OR any younger age range classes.
The top 2 placings in all Open divisions will qualify to compete in any National/Junior National show. Eligibility starts at the date of qualification and is good through the end of the following calendar year.
All Northwest NPC shows will award points toward an Open Triple Crown and Masters Triple Crown Award. The Triple Crown Award is presented to athletes who win 1st place in at least 3 different shows in the same calendar year in the Open or Masters classes. Athletes can earn a maximum of 1 Open point and 1 Masters point per show, regardless of division.
The Triple Crown Award presentation will take place at the Northwest Championships in Auburn, WA. Winners will receive 2 complimentary VIP tickets if they are able to attend. If they can not attend, the award will be shipped to them. Those who achieve the highest total points – Triple Crown Open Champion and Triple Crown Masters Champion – will receive a $500 sponsorship toward any National level event for the following year. In the event of a tie, all placings will be considered for a tie-breaker.
Visit the TRIPLE CROWN PAGE for complete rules and rankings.
Note: Music is for Bodybuilding, Fitness & Women’s Physique and new Classic Men's Physique classes only. All other competitors will walk the stage to house music.
Bodybuilders & Women's Physique have a maximum time limit of 60 seconds and Fitness competitors 2 minutes. Absolutely no profanity is allowed and competitors with profanity-laced music will be subject to disqualification.
Music must be submitted by Wednesday before the show. No music will be accepted at check-in.
Due to insurance requirements, weights are not allowed in the venue (dumbbells or other). Bands will be provided for pumping up.
Dream Tan is not permitted in the venue nor will any cooking spray for use as glaze (i.e. PAM)
DSLR or detachable lens cameras or video cameras
Except for Fitness, no athlete is permitted to perform flips or handsprings on stage
Insurance requires trainers who require back-stage access to have a current NPC Membership to obtain a trainers pass. Passes grant general admission access to the spectator area as well so those who purchase a trainer's pass do not also need a ticket except where reserved seats are desired. Passes will be available on the Ticket page or in person at check-in (cash only). No person will be permitted back stage without a trainer’s pass and no pass shall be issued to any person who does not present a valid NPC card.
NO photography or videography is permitted backstage. Trainers may not bring photography equipment into the athlete areas.
TANNING, HAIR & MAKEUP
Center Stage Tan is our exclusive spray tanner for this event and handles booking appointments for on-site hair and makeup services. All competitors should have a competition style tan applied prior to the show. We recommend using Center Stage Tan as their solution is designed specifically for these types of events and they will be on-site for touch ups and assistance. On-site tanning may ONLY be performed by our licensed and insured tanning affiliate.
Trainers may not bring in any airbrush tanning equipment or do any airbrush tanning on the premises! Any trainer tanning their competitor back-stage or in the venue will be removed and the competitor disqualified. We are adamant about this as the tanning creams/sprays can damage the venue.
All athletes must check-in on during the designated timeframe and must have current NPC membership at this time.
Each athlete will be measured and/or weighed at check-in, depending on their division, with a certified medical device. Athletes will be placed into the class they actually measure or weigh into. Height classes will be divided after check-in to keep class sizes as even as possible.
Classic Physique athletes must not exceed the maximum weight specified for your height. If you come in heavier than the max weight you will have the option of moving to Bodybuilding or Men’s Physique but cannot compete in Classic Physique. No refunds will be given for Classic Physique entries that do not make weight.
All competitors will follow NPC rules, guideline and mandatory poses. For complete guidelines and rules, visit the official site of the NPC: www.npcnewsonline.com Exhibition of poor sportsmanship will be grounds for automatic disqualification.
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 1
CHECK-IN: All athletes MUST check-in on November 1 by 7:00pm.
START TIME 9:00am – PREJUDGING – All Divisions will compete in judging rounds beginning with Men’s classes first, then Women.
Men’s Bodybuilding – Novice, Masters (70, 60, 50, 40), Junior, Wheelchair, Hero & Open
Classic Men’s Physique – True Novice, Novice, Masters (60, 50, 40, 35), Junior, Hero & Open
Men’s Physique – True Novice, Novice, Masters (60, 50, 40, 35), Junior, Hero & Open
Fitness – Open
Women’s Bodybuilding – Open
Women’s Physique – Novice, Masters (45, 35), Hero & Open
Figure – True Novice, Novice, Masters (60, 55, 50, 45, 40, 35), Hero & Open
Wellness – True Novice, Novice, Masters (45, 35), Hero & Open
Bikini – True Novice, Novice, Masters (60, 55, 50, 45, 40, 35), Junior, Hero & Open
4:00PM – FINALS – All Divisions will perform individual routines while being introduced by the emcee. The top 5 placings in each class will be awarded. Order will be the same as for Prejudging.